Saturday, March 13, 2010

Changing Homestays

Just a heads up to all of you following my blog, I changed homestays today. There were some security issues at my previous place, so I talked to staff from our program, and I moved this afternoon.

Now, I'm living with a family in an area of Nairobi called Kilimani. I'm excited about my new place, especially that there's a tree outside my window with flowers on it. A nice break from Wisconsin winters.

I have a host mom, who is a nurse, and three host brothers, of who I've met two. The two brothers are both great and we get along very well. I was excited about the fact that they both swim, so we could talk swimming and we're planning on going later in the week.

I think it will be interesting to stay here to also get another perspective on Kenyan life. While still in Nairobi, I think there are things that will be both similar and different that I will hopefully be able to see from my new home. My time in Kenya has been a growing and learning experience, and I think that will add to that.

I hope you're doing well, and to hear from you all soon. I also hear the snow is melting, so enjoy the green!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I stumbled upon your blog while looking for information on Fort Jesus Estates in Kenya. My little sister is staying there and we are concerned about the area. From your post it sounds like there may be reason to be concerned? Any tips or advice you can give us would be very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete