Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Finishing up the Semester

Yesterday was the last official day of the semester for me! Over the weekend, we had exams and seminars at a place called the Methodist Guest House in Nairobi.

On Saturday, everyone returned from all over the country from their internships to come back to Nairobi for our final exams. Sunday afternoon, we moved into the Guest House, which is basically just a hotel, and took our first exam Sunday afternoon. Our first final was on development, which wasn't too bad. Sunday night, we got to experience our first dinner at the Guest House. Let's just say I was a little excited about the fact that we got a buffet, and our program covered all the fees! However, I was bummed by how much my stomach has shrunk, and how little I can eat. But hopefully, I can stretch that out over the next couple days to prepare me for eating back home.

Monday, we had our exam for Country Analysis, also not too bad. We bummed around the hotel Monday night, tired after our last couple days. Yesterday, we had our final seminar work for the semester. We went around the group and talked about our internships and then had lunch (all the meals were buffets!). Then we did some discussion about re-entry into the U.S. and reverse culture shock. Last night, we had dinner at the hotel, I did some work on my papers, and then I met some people at a restaurant to have a drink and chill out as our last night together in Nairobi.

I woke up this morning, had breakfast and moved back into my homestay. Needing some clean clothes for my last week, I did my last set of laundry by hand!! Now, I'm editing a couple papers away from being completely finished. I leave this country in three days, this is crazy! I cannot wait to see you all and talk about our lives for the past few months. I hope you're all doing well and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment