Saturday, April 24, 2010

One Week

So I'm sitting here in Java (again...) doing some work and studying for the exams I have coming up in the next few days. In one week from right now, I will be somewhere in the air between Nairobi and London. This is absolutely crazy to me. I have no idea where the last three or so months have gone.

So, because of a job interview, my uncle has had to cancel our trip to Europe. I was looking forward to spending the week with him. Despite that, I am really excited TO SEE EVERYONE IN ONE WEEK!!!!!

I remember back to a post I did earlier in the semester where I talked about not really realizing how soon my time in Kenya was coming to a close, yesterday it finally clicked. I was chatting with my sister Elise online, and I told her I would see her in a week. Suddenly, the concept made sense in my head. One week!

While I've had a good time here, and will miss it when I get home, I am more than excited to see everyone back home. I'm kind of at that point where my body is just ready to go. I'm looking forward to the moment when I get through customs at O'Hare and finally see my family. There are times where it feels like I've been here a long time or a short time, but no matter what, I feel like I've not seen my family and friends for a long time.

So as I start finishing up everything for my program (papers, exams, internship, which ended yesterday) I begin to realize that I get to do what I've wanted to do for basically the entire time I've been here. Spend time with the people I love! See you guys soon!

1 comment:

  1. While I am so incredibly glad that God has blessed you with the opportunities to spread His love and knowledge with the people of Kenya, I'm SO excited to give you a big hug in one week!!!!

    ReplyDelete