Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Leaving

Hello everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. I sit in O’Hare airport writing this post, reflecting on the last few hours, and realize that this entire leaving situation was much harder than I expected it to be. There were more tears than I was expecting from both myself and family, and find myself missing them a bit already.

While this morning was a bit of a struggle, I look forward to an amazing adventure on which I’m about to embark. The only time I’ve been out of the country was when I went to Tijuana, Mexico when I was five years old for a few hours with my family. I’ve traveled alone before within the United States, but this is a different kind of journey. I’m about to spend the next few months learning about the lives of others in different places, an experience I cannot wait to begin.

While I obviously have a bit of anxiety as I look to transition to a new and exciting stage in my life story, I can’t help but feel blessed as I look back at the support I’ve received from all of you over the past few weeks. Whether it was a prayer, monetary support, a book, a kind word or encouragement, I few times have felt more blessed in my life. I know there are people out there praying for me, and I can’t thank them enough for all they do. You all have blessed me so much, and I know that I have your love and support, as well as the blessing of our Lord Jesus Christ over this trip, as well. I again cannot thank you all enough for what you’ve done for me already. I will keep you in my prayers as I head off.

Hopefully you’ll be hearing from me again something soon in the United Kingdom or Dublin! Niwasiliane(Keep in touch)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment